Until summer 2019 Mr. Beal's Boats
From the consumately competent camera of Mr W.M. Beal, a selection of photographs of boats on The Regent's Canal taken in around the year 1905.
We offer a range of special events. On the first Thursday evening of each month (except August) there is an illustrated talk by a visiting speaker on a subject related to canals or industrial history. The admission charge is the same as for normal admission. The talk starts at 1930 and usually ends at around 2100.
Other types of event that we run:
- Summer tunnel boat trips on the second and fourth Sunday of May to October, and every Thursday May to September.
- Towpath walks to Camden Town, led by a museum guide (Occasional dates)
- Painting classes, teaching the tradition of Roses and Castles (Normally in the winter)
- Activity days for children, normally on Wednesdays, in the spring, autumn, and in August on selected dates
- An annual opportunity to descend into the ice wells with a museum guide , normally in July, as part of the Festival of Archaeology.
- Other occasional events